Kansas Adjutant General's Department
Military Records


*****Retirement Services/Military Archives has relocated to

Nickell Armory, Room 102, 2722 SW Topeka Blvd., Topeka. *******


Request Records

 Kansas National Guard Military Archives, 2722 SW Topeka Blvd, Topeka, Kansas 66611.    

-Kansas Army/Air National Guard records from 1946 to present

-WWII (1941-1946) Statement of Service (pre-DD214)

-Active Duty DD214's (1946-1991)

For discharges after 1991, contact Kansas Commission on Veterans Affairs (KCVA) at 785-296-3976.

-To request a copy of your military records, please complete a SF180 form and fax to 785-646-0191 or mail to address above.  Normally it will take 2 to 3 weeks to receive your records once the request has been received.   Contact Bev Lemman at 785-646-0136 if you wish to speak to Military Archives directly.


Request Veteran's service records from National Archives in St. Louis.  Launch the eVetRecs System to start your request online.  Veterans and next of kin may request records here.


Retirees after 2004 can access their Official Military Personnel File (OMPF) using the Human Resource Command (HRC) My Records Portal to access their IPERMS records. 


 Facebook Twitter Page  

Emergency Information

Click here for emergency preparedness information, safety awareness information and general information about severe weather and other potential emergencies that Kansans should be prepared for.

For information provided by Kansas Division of Emergency Management, click here.

For information provided by Kansas Homeland Security, click here.


Questions/suggestions to: Public Affairs Director